Well, according to our multiple testing, we found two main basic reasons behind there. As you know Zenmuse X5S records 4K H.265 videos, but it seems Davinci Resolve (including Resolve 12.5) does not like the way. Davinci Resolve 12.5, 11 can handle (usually) 4K files without much problem, but it is extremely hardware intensive. What'more, as a new-emerging codec, H.265/HEVC is not supported by Davinci Resolve.
The easy workaround to edit Zenmuse X5S 4K H.265 videos in Davinci Resolve is to convert the 4K H.265 to a more editing-friendly format for Davinci Resolve. If you're a professional users, you must know that the most suitable format is MOV which is encoded by DNxHD codec. Therefore, a Mac 4K to DNxHD Converter can be a good assistant.
Overall, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is best Video Converter for Zenmuse X5S footage. With this Zenmuse X5S H.265/4K video converter, you can effortlessly transcode Zenmuse X5S 4K H.265 to DNxHD encoded MOV, which will creat a Davinci Resolve friendly file format keeping the original quality. Besides Resolve, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid MC, Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere and more NLE systems for native editing. Windows uers can turn to the Windows version here. Below is the detailed guide on converting Zenmuse X5S H.265 clips to Davinci Resolve friendly videos for smoothly editing.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-77376153.html
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/digazgge.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Downloads/Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converters/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for_46665.html
- Directoryofshareware Download:http://www.directoryofshareware.com/preview/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac/
- Fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
Convert DJI Zenmuse X5S 4K H.265 to DNxHD for editing in Davinci Resolve
1. Load Source 4K H.265 Video Files
Install and launch the 4K Video Converter on your Mac. Then, press the "Add File" button to add 4K H.265 video file from Zenmuse X5S into the program.
2. Set Output Format
Hit "Select Format" bar to select output format. You can choose "Format > Editor" and choose Avid Media Composer as output format. It is an ideal editing format for Resolve.
3. 4K Video Settings
Click "Settings" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. Here you are recommended to set the video size as 1920*1080 to realize 4K to 1080p compressing for Davinci Resolve, which can't support raw 4K video well.
4. Start Conversion
After confirming everything is alright, click the "Start" button on the bottom right to launch the conversion. Since 4K video file is usually very large, please be more patient for the conversion. Thereafter, import, play and edit Zenmuse X5S 4K H.265 videos in DaVinci Resolve 12/11/10/9 freely! After editing, you can freely share edited videos on youriPhone/iPad/Android devices or TV with Dimo free Media Server as you like.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- How to Solve H.265 and Kodi Incompatible Issues
- Can I Play 4K H.265/HEVC Files on 4K Projector?
- How to Open H.265 Video Files in QuickTime Player
- Copy H.265 to NAS (Asustor AS-202TE) for storage
- Smoothly Editing DJI Mavic Pro 4K Files in GoPro Studio
- Windows Movie Maker can't edit 4K from Phantom 4 Pro? Solved